Rwanda National Police FAQ's
What is the Rwanda National Police Force structure ?
Where is Rwanda National Police located?
Rwanda National Police General Headquarter is located in Kigali, Rwanda. You can also contact Rwanda National Police General Headquarters with the details below;
Telephone to call: 0788311155
Emergency toll free number:
Emergency: 112 Gender Based Violence: 3512 Fire Brigade: 111
Traffic accident: 113 Maritime: 110 Abuse by Police Officer: 3511
Anti-corruption: 997 Child Help Line: 116 Isange: 3029
Postal address: P.O Box 6304 Kigali-Rwanda
Traffic related questions
What are the documents required to be carried by a person driving a vehicle?
what are the grounds of confiscating a driving permit?
· Multiple grave violations of traffic rules
· Driving under the influence; drunken driving one year after being penalized for the same offence
· Total Incapacity
Traffic police forwards the case files to the Rwandan Public Prosecution Authority, once they are produced in court it’s up to the judge to decide how long an individual will be banned from driving
How can I change a foreign permit to obtain a Rwandan Permit?
Applications are to be made at Rwanda National Police, Traffic unit. The processes to apply for the driving license are:
· A letter addressed to the commissioner of road safety and traffic with other available supporting documents i.e. Visa
· Provide a photocopy of your license
· A receipt of 50,000 Rfw when your driving license fulfill the requirements
How long is the Provisional driving license valid?
Cain I obtain a driving license if I’m under 18 ?
Can I register for a provisional Driving license exam, if I’m under 18?
How do I register for a final driving license exam?
How do I register for Provisional driving License exam?
What is money laundering?
Money laundering involves disguising financial assets so that they can be used without detection of the illegal activity that produced them.
Through money laundering, the launderer transforms the monetary proceeds derived from criminal activity into funds with an apparently legal source
How can I help a victim of human trafficking?
What is the difference between human trafficking and human smuggling/internal human trafficking?
· Human Trafficking involves the recruitment, transportation or harboring of persons for the purpose of exploitation (typically in the sex industry or for forced labour). Traffickers use various methods to maintain control over their victims, including force, sexual assault, threats of violence and physical or emotional abuse. Human trafficking may occur across or within borders, may involve extensive organized crime networks and is clearly a violation of the basic human rights of its victims. Victims may be forced into labour, prostitution or some other form of servitude. Victims may suffer abuse before, during and after transportation and may face fatal consequences if they attempt to escape.
· Human smuggling is a form of illegal migration involving the organized transport of a person across an international border usually in exchange for a sum of money and sometimes in dangerous conditions. In some cases, a person who has agreed to be smuggled into a country becomes a trafficking victim at the hands of the smuggler
What is human trafficking?
Human Trafficking is defined in the Trafficking Protocol as "the recruitment, transport, transfer, harboring or receipt of a person by such means as threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud or deception for the purpose of exploitation."